The journal Sport in Society. Cultures, Commerce, Media, Politics has recently published the special issue When the party is over: developments in Sochi and Russia after the Olympics 2014, edited by Bo Petersson (Malmö University), Karina Vamling (Malmö University) and Alexandra Yatsyk (Kazan Federal University).
- Andrey Makarychev and Alexandra Yatsyk: From Sochi – 2014 to FIFA – 2018: A Fading Sovereignty?
- Bo Petersson and Karina Vamling: Fifteen Minutes of Fame Long Gone: Circassian Activism before and after the Sochi Olympics
- Jonathan Grix and Nina Kramareva: The Sochi Winter Olympics and Russia’s Unique Soft Power Strategy
- Johan Ekberg and Michael Strange: What Happened to the Protests? – The Surprising Lack of Visible Dissent During the Sochi Winter Olympics
- Ray Taras: Putin’s Sochi Hubris: Righting the Ship of Sport, Wronging the Ship of State?